Walter Dellinger,"The Historian Who Lived What He Taught," Washington Post, 26 March, and Stan Katz,"John Hope Franklin, RIP," Brainstorm, 25 March, are tributes by two of the legion who knew him as mentor, colleague and friend.
Michael Dirda,"Darker Judas, or A Forgiving Light?" Washington Post, 26 March, reviews Susan Gubar's Judas: A Biography.
Edward Rothstein,"There Are No Small Parts in This American History Lesson," NYT, 11 March, reviews"Big!" an exhibit at the National Archives in Washington, DC.
Graham Barnfield reviews Sean McCann's A Pinnacle of Feeling: American Literature and Presidential Government for the THES, 26 March.
Joanna Lewis reviews Paul Collier's Wars, Guns and Votes: Democracy in Dangerous Places, on post-colonial sub-Saharan Africa, for the THES, 26 March.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch