What Would Kerry Do
Consider this - John Kerry and John Edwards both voted for increased free trade with China. Furthermore, as this column from Collin Levey in the Seattle Times notes Heinz makes most of its ketchup overseas. Is this a reason to think less of Kerry's honesty and consistency? Or is it a good reason to think he'd be more free trade than Dubya?
The guy is a career politician, but his movement to bring in old Clinton hands on his campaign last week might signal a turn back to the progressive trade and fiscal policies of the mid 90's. Less spending, more openness, fiscal predictability. Edwards still scares the hell out of me, but does Kerry merit a second look from free traders?
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims