What Would Kerry Do
Consider this - John Kerry and John Edwards both voted for increased free trade with China. Furthermore, as this column from Collin Levey in the Seattle Times notes Heinz makes most of its ketchup overseas. Is this a reason to think less of Kerry's honesty and consistency? Or is it a good reason to think he'd be more free trade than Dubya?
The guy is a career politician, but his movement to bring in old Clinton hands on his campaign last week might signal a turn back to the progressive trade and fiscal policies of the mid 90's. Less spending, more openness, fiscal predictability. Edwards still scares the hell out of me, but does Kerry merit a second look from free traders?
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch