Bernie comes through again
Am I actually ahead of Chris in posting this very good sports news??
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/4/2004
No problem Chris - I was happy to pinch-hit for you. Let's hope the next couple weeks go well.
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 10/4/2004
Well, gents, sorry for my delay; I did post on this at the newly-re-constituted "Not a Blog," and with the post-season beginning tomorrow, I can only say: Go Yanks! (And this is coming from somebody who was a fan, even when their rich history was pretty poor; read: the glut of the 1980s!)
Keith Halderman - 10/3/2004
I too am a very big Yankees fan. I grew up in Syracuse NY at a time when their AAA team was part of the Yankee farm system. I made my first trip to the house that Ruth built at five years old. However, my most important reason for loving the Yankees is their incredibly rich history and I believe the article you linked to sort of proves that point.
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50