Leaving Medical Decisions in the Hands of Mindless Govt. Bureaucrats
The most ridiculous quote in the piece is from David Murray, a policy analyst with the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. Quoting directly from the piece:
But Murray said it is up to the Food and Drug Administration to decide when a drug has"accepted" medical use. To leave that up to doctors and patients, he said, is like"leaving it to fans in the Redskins' end zone to call a touchdown, instead of the referees."
God forbid if doctors and patients starting making their own choices - he'd be out of work. But his comparison is pretty much on target because Americans probably love one group of people less than football officials, mindless bureaucrats.
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting