Hummel and Henderson in FORBES
In our ongoing effort to set the record straight on Greenspan and the housing boom, David Henderson and I now have an article in Forbes.
comments powered by Disqus
Reginald Jensen - 5/11/2009
My opinion is that the housing bubble was caused by a change in the tax laws. Real estate prices began to grow exponentially when tax-free profits were allowed on gains of $250,000 for individual owners and $500,000 for joint owners. The real estate industry lobbied Congress for the change which created a terrific marking plan that was advanced by the bankers and stock brokers.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch