Hummel and Henderson in FORBES
In our ongoing effort to set the record straight on Greenspan and the housing boom, David Henderson and I now have an article in Forbes.
comments powered by Disqus
Reginald Jensen - 5/11/2009
My opinion is that the housing bubble was caused by a change in the tax laws. Real estate prices began to grow exponentially when tax-free profits were allowed on gains of $250,000 for individual owners and $500,000 for joint owners. The real estate industry lobbied Congress for the change which created a terrific marking plan that was advanced by the bankers and stock brokers.
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original