Why I'm So Glad You're Grading Student Essays These Days ...
Beyond the remarkable technology of this bloody thing, however, I found its sponsorship even more interesting. I learned of Essay Generator from H-Scholar's Diane Calabrese who referred to an article about it in the Pittsburg Post-Gazette for 10 October and to this web address: www.essaygenerator.com. Calabrese and, apparently, the reporter for the Post-Gazette didn't pursue the matter beyond the remarkable technology. If you click on that address, you are referred to: www.radioworldwide.gospelcom.net/essaygenerator. If you look around the site, it becomes clear that Essay Generator comes to you by the grace of Campus Crusade for Christ. Try their Random Person Generator. You'll be invited to compare yourself with a computer generated"person" and, if you follow the links, you'll eventually be assured that, unlike RPG, you have a unique place in the order of creation. So, the picture I get is of some poor freshman schlemiel, like I once was, desperate to fulfill a class requirement. The desperation and curiosity eventually leads to a gospel message. Don't get me wrong. I'm an evangelical and I believe in evangelism, but if you'll pardon the expression, this is a crock ...
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 10/10/2004
...what they are thinking. The essays are laughably bad, but when I think about how much time I've spent trying to make constructive comments on ...stuff like this, it's not as funny anymore. Are they hoping that students will realize, through the negative feedback provided by teachers, that honesty is the best policy and Christ is the answer? What are they thinking?
Their random proverb generator took 'history' and gave me "A history is worth a thousand words." No more, no less. I'll remember that when I'm working out my assignments next semester.
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left