Anti-New Deal Cartoons from the Chicago Defender (Part III)
Here is the third of four installments of anti-New Deal cartoons by L. Rogers from the Chicago Defender, the leading black newspaper in the United States.
This one is from May 26, 1934 and compares the Agricultural Adjustment Adminstration to a"Modern Simon Legree" because of policies that drove many blacks off the land.
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'