Emmett Till Update
Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune quotes me this morning on the killing of Emmett Till. For my HNN article (co-authored with Linda Royster Beito) on the case, see here. For an assessment of the current investigation, see here.
60 Minutes reports on the case tonight. I will withhold further comment for now.
60 Minutes reports on the case tonight. I will withhold further comment for now.comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 10/24/2004
I agree. On the other hand, the report at 60 minutes was extremely sloppy and slip-shod.
Keith Halderman - 10/24/2004
I think that Clarence Page wrote a good article and is a much better journalist then the people at 60 Minutes. I always liked him. We once had a pretty good public question and answer at Cato and I gave him a copy of my Shafer quotes at a NORML event. When you see him on TV he seems much more balanced and concerned with the facts than most of the other people.
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood