Emmett Till Update
Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune quotes me this morning on the killing of Emmett Till. For my HNN article (co-authored with Linda Royster Beito) on the case, see here. For an assessment of the current investigation, see here.
60 Minutes reports on the case tonight. I will withhold further comment for now.
60 Minutes reports on the case tonight. I will withhold further comment for now.comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 10/25/2004
I agree. On the other hand, the report at 60 minutes was extremely sloppy and slip-shod.
Keith Halderman - 10/25/2004
I think that Clarence Page wrote a good article and is a much better journalist then the people at 60 Minutes. I always liked him. We once had a pretty good public question and answer at Cato and I gave him a copy of my Shafer quotes at a NORML event. When you see him on TV he seems much more balanced and concerned with the facts than most of the other people.
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies