Nicholas von Hoffman: Liberty and Power Guest Blogger
Liberty and Power is honored to announce that journalist and author, Nicholas von Hoffman, will be a guest blogger. His currently writes a column for the New York Observer. He can stay as long as he wants at Liberty and Power!
My first memories of Mr. Von Hoffman were watching his commentaries for 60 Minutes back the early 1970s. I will be curious to hear his thoughts about my upcoming critical article about that show's report on the killing of Emmett Till.
While I was a young pro-war conservative when I first saw his commentaries, I was impressed. They were witty, incisive, and wonderfuly irreverent. I always thought: why can't we be on the same side?
I never imagined that in 1980 that would indeed be the case though I was the one to make the biggest change in sides. That year, Mr. Hoffman hosted a closed-circuit telethon to raise money for the Libertarian campaign of Ed Clark. While Von Hoffman has never been, and is not, a libertarian, he is not a prisoner of ideology in his political choices.comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/27/2004
Nice intro for von Hoffman -- but who's Tex?
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding