comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 11/5/2004
This isn't a conservative administration. It is culture warriors, business interests and neo-conservatives, and their interests in aggressive foreign policy are sufficiently consonant that no call based on principle is going to change their approach.
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is