REAGAN MYTHS ON THE LEFT AND THE RIGHT?
In recent years, former President Ronald Reagan has been demonized by many on the Left and glorified by more than a few on the Right. In this article, Hillsdale College historian Richard Gamble asks for thoughtful consideration of the 40th president.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 5/13/2009
I've never been enamoured of Ronald Reagan but I'm well aware of his wide appeal among self-identified libertarians. Let's hope this article gets people seriously thinking about, and reevaluating, what they believe to be the wholesome legacy of Ronald Reagan.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims