REAGAN MYTHS ON THE LEFT AND THE RIGHT?
In recent years, former President Ronald Reagan has been demonized by many on the Left and glorified by more than a few on the Right. In this article, Hillsdale College historian Richard Gamble asks for thoughtful consideration of the 40th president.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 5/13/2009
I've never been enamoured of Ronald Reagan but I'm well aware of his wide appeal among self-identified libertarians. Let's hope this article gets people seriously thinking about, and reevaluating, what they believe to be the wholesome legacy of Ronald Reagan.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding