I Told You So (Again)
Just a note here to direct readers to an essay of mine posted to SOLO HQ:"I Told You So." L&P readers will be familiar with my comments there on Election 2004, since the essay is a distillation of the many things I've said here, but the comments section might be worth your attention.
Oh, and on a totally unrelated point: I never post here on my personal list of favorite songs, but today's entry marks the 40th anniversary of the Verrazano-Bridge. Taxpayer support for the project aside, it's one of my great loves in New York City. And you know you're gettin' older when you're older than a bridge.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."