NORTH KOREAN GULAG BACK IN THE NEWS
Forget professed intentions that they are all about fairness and justice. All tyrannies are the same. Most live in poverty if not hunger, a few in palaces. Only self-blinded intellectuals (including our president and his supporters)refuse to see and, indeed, argue that tyrants deserve to be treated with RESPECT! Please!
This morning WSJ tells about some efforts to this hell on hearth. The North Korean stasi discovered 35,000 citizen who helped. I wonder what is happening to them. Consider - Execution in North Korea underscores tough stance on influence from South then read Gulags, Nukes and a Water Slide: With Sleuthing and Satellite Images, Mr. Melvin Fills the Blanks on a Secretive Nation's Map
Their problem? not really -
Why The Consequences Of Illicit Nuclear Transfers by North Korea Could Far Outlast Kim Jong Il’s Regime Of course, the regime is going strong. . .
But you should be happy that Clinton is following in Albright's footsteps and is going to show Kim's men respect -
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies