THE BELOVED NUCLEAR LEADER
Ghassan Charbel, writes in Dar Al Hayat:
Only a strong man can reserve and protect his seat in this world. The Security Council has no fangs. The United States, caught in two wars, is not looking for a third. The Kremlin is not the Kremlin anymore. Mao Zedong’s descendents speculate in the stock market. It is the appropriate time to legalize the nuclear pillow. The world has forgiven India and Pakistan. Tomorrow it will also forgive North Korea. It might forgive Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a later stage. . . .
Kim Jong-il’s picture was on all TV screens when Ahmadinejad reappeared. His message is simple. The page of suspending uranium enrichment in return for suspending sanctions has been turned. This issue has ‘ended.’ Any future negotiations will be restricted to ‘participation in leading the world and bringing peace to it.’
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians