THE BELOVED NUCLEAR LEADER
Ghassan Charbel, writes in Dar Al Hayat:
Only a strong man can reserve and protect his seat in this world. The Security Council has no fangs. The United States, caught in two wars, is not looking for a third. The Kremlin is not the Kremlin anymore. Mao Zedong’s descendents speculate in the stock market. It is the appropriate time to legalize the nuclear pillow. The world has forgiven India and Pakistan. Tomorrow it will also forgive North Korea. It might forgive Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a later stage. . . .
Kim Jong-il’s picture was on all TV screens when Ahmadinejad reappeared. His message is simple. The page of suspending uranium enrichment in return for suspending sanctions has been turned. This issue has ‘ended.’ Any future negotiations will be restricted to ‘participation in leading the world and bringing peace to it.’
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation