Left2Right: New Blog
I don't think I've seen anyone here mention the new Left2Right blog. It's a lively discussion among a number of high-powered folks in political science, law, philosophy, and even economics. (It's also heavily represented by my alma mater, The University of Michigan, including two former profs of mine - Don Herzog and Peter Railton.) It's worth a visit to see what's going on. I also think it would be a great site for libertarians to enter serious conversation with those folks. In particular, those of us with Hayek expertise might find their commitment to revisiting and rethinking the liberal tradition to be a useful starting point for some good dialogue. Check it out.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/10/2004
It looks now like it might be interesting. I was initially put off by the "how can we get through to those idiots" tone, but I see they've dropped that stance. Obviously David Schmidtz can be expected to have interesting things to say, and there are some other good names there as well. But in general, I would think a bunch of philosophers would eschew the "left" and "right" labels. But that notwithstanding, it should be good.
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original