Richard J. Barnet (1929-2004)
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 12/25/2004
I have been a fan of his since the '60's. His insightful research led me into revisionist history, along with Barnes and James J. Martin's great works.
There may be issues, looking back, where I would disagree with him now, but his was one of the great, lone voices in the wilderness calling to all of us to look carefully at we know and believe, and be willing to take a stand indepencently of others.
He will be missed.
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I