Merry Christmas to All Our Readers
Of the websites I regularly check, one is spiked, edited by Mick Hume, the former editor of the monthly magazine LM (Living Marxism). This folded in 2000 when it lost a libel action brought by Independent Television News. Go here for details and links to related stories. Hume is ably assisted by Brendan O'Neill and other writers.
Hume was a Marxist, and I assume remains a Marxist of some sort. His website publishes some interesting stories and they are particularly good on civil liberties, including freedom of speech and the therapeutic state. One of their interests is in debunking contemporary society's preoccupation with exaggerated risks.
Tomorrow being Christmas, you may wish to check out their latest seasonal (and politically incorrect) offerings including Patrick West's "Presents are for primitives", Neil Davenport's "Calling time on the 'demon drink'", and Josie Appleton's "100 Artists See God". comments powered by Disqus
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies