Some Sontag Links ...
comments powered by Disqus
Richard Henry Morgan - 12/30/2004
I can't seem to find anywhere a link to Sontag's 1968 essay 'Trip to Hanoi'. It had in mind such Sontag delicacies as: the trouble with the North Vietnamese is that they "aren't good enough haters ..."; and the North Vietnamese "genuinely care about the welfare of hundreds of captured American pilots ..." You would think such brilliant apercus would be trumpeted about the internet, not the least by Sontag herself on her own website.
Ralph E. Luker - 12/29/2004
If the links are helpful to you, only, Hala, they were worth posting.
Hala Fattah - 12/29/2004
I just want to say that you are becoming the best resource on online contemporary literature. For a person with little access to what's being published in North America and Europe, HNN is a feast.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding