Some Sontag Links ...
comments powered by Disqus
Richard Henry Morgan - 12/30/2004
I can't seem to find anywhere a link to Sontag's 1968 essay 'Trip to Hanoi'. It had in mind such Sontag delicacies as: the trouble with the North Vietnamese is that they "aren't good enough haters ..."; and the North Vietnamese "genuinely care about the welfare of hundreds of captured American pilots ..." You would think such brilliant apercus would be trumpeted about the internet, not the least by Sontag herself on her own website.
Ralph E. Luker - 12/29/2004
If the links are helpful to you, only, Hala, they were worth posting.
Hala Fattah - 12/29/2004
I just want to say that you are becoming the best resource on online contemporary literature. For a person with little access to what's being published in North America and Europe, HNN is a feast.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!