BRITAIN PROTESTS KHAMENEI
Yes, even Britain has the gumption to complain:
Britain's foreign ministry has told Iran's charge d'affaires that comments by Iran's supreme leader, in which he accused the UK government of being among the"most treacherous" of Western powers, are"unacceptable".
Iran's ambassador to the UK was summoned to the foreign ministry in London on Friday to explain the remarks made by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei earlier in the day, but the charge d'affaires attended in his place.
During a sermon in Tehran, Khamenei said Western nations were showing"their enmity against the Islamic Republic system and the most evil of them is the British government".
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!