THE KNOCK AT THE DOOR AT NIGHT
When I asked my father why we left Romania (penniless), he responded that he did not wish to live in a country where he feared the knock on the door. This is what he feared then in Communist Romania, this is what everyone living under dictatorship fears. This what Americans, and, indeed, those living in a democracy do not have to fear:
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."