THE KNOCK AT THE DOOR AT NIGHT
When I asked my father why we left Romania (penniless), he responded that he did not wish to live in a country where he feared the knock on the door. This is what he feared then in Communist Romania, this is what everyone living under dictatorship fears. This what Americans, and, indeed, those living in a democracy do not have to fear:
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians