What Inauguration? ...
If you enjoyed JibJab's edgy cartoons during the election campaign, you'll want to see their"Second Term! Starring George W. Bush" for the inauguration.
Try out Mr. Sun's"Make Your Own Inauguration Speech!" You may like your version better than the one we'll get.
Oh, and don't miss Jared Sinclair's"Hoblein's Dead Kerry at The Weblog."
Rick Perlstein's"The Eve of Destruction" in the Village Voice is a more important read for those who voted for George Bush than for those of us who voted against him. If you don't recall Barry McGuire's lyrics from which the title for Rick's piece comes, they're here.
I'm determined not to get my knickers in a twist about this inauguration. What happens when a respectable history blogger innocently asks about the origin of"knickers"? Well, somebody mentions the expression"Don't get your knickers in a twist" and, then, some of those anonymous [female] bloggers get into the act. Warning: this is not work safe. Now we know why some bloggers love their anonymity.
Rick Perlstein - 1/20/2005
Jeez, Ralph, I was hoping for some pretty pictures of girlies in their knickers...
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."