What Inauguration? ...
If you enjoyed JibJab's edgy cartoons during the election campaign, you'll want to see their"Second Term! Starring George W. Bush" for the inauguration.
Try out Mr. Sun's"Make Your Own Inauguration Speech!" You may like your version better than the one we'll get.
Oh, and don't miss Jared Sinclair's"Hoblein's Dead Kerry at The Weblog."
Rick Perlstein's"The Eve of Destruction" in the Village Voice is a more important read for those who voted for George Bush than for those of us who voted against him. If you don't recall Barry McGuire's lyrics from which the title for Rick's piece comes, they're here.
I'm determined not to get my knickers in a twist about this inauguration. What happens when a respectable history blogger innocently asks about the origin of"knickers"? Well, somebody mentions the expression"Don't get your knickers in a twist" and, then, some of those anonymous [female] bloggers get into the act. Warning: this is not work safe. Now we know why some bloggers love their anonymity.
Rick Perlstein - 1/21/2005
Jeez, Ralph, I was hoping for some pretty pictures of girlies in their knickers...
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets