Brooks on dignity etc
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 7/9/2009
there is nothing about free markets that requires that people be crass and undignified
There's certainly nothing about them that privileges those who are restrained and refined.
David T. Beito - 7/9/2009
When I read this story, I kept thinking of the line by Gene Kelly from the first scene in "Singing in the Rain:" "Dignity, always dignity."
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions