Gore Vidal's "America First" Critique of Bush
Gore Vidal calls Bush's Inaugural Address "The Most Un-American Speech I've Ever Heard."
Vidal is not a typical partisan leftist in his approach to the war. In his comments, he reveals yet again that his views are closer to the old America First Committee than they are to the knee-jerk partisan Bush haters in groups like MoveOn.org . While Vidal's critique of Bush is merciless, he also takes a swipe at the sins of FDR including his unforgivable decision to turn away Jewish refugees fleeing to the U.S. on the S.S. St. Louis. Few Move On activists would ever do this.
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past