ANOTHER IRANIAN STUDENT WILL NEVER COME HOME
Sohrab's family members did as they were told. They posted the bail money and waited. But their son may have been TORTURED TO DEATH. Their tragedy is not unique.
Sohrab Arabi, 19, was arrested on 20 June during an anti-government protest.
His family had been contacted by authorities on Tuesday and told they could post bail for his release.
Arabi's mother had posted bail and had been awaiting his release.
She had protested (the women in purple scarf in the video) outside Evin Prison with relatives of other detainees demanding their freedom.
Arabi's family were subsequently informed on Saturday that they should collect his dead body from Evin Prison.
The opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq says Arabi died under torture.
Arabi's case is reminiscent of that of Kianoush Asa, a post-graduate Chemistry student at Tehran's Science and Technology University, who was arrested on 15 June and died under torture on 24 June.
UPDATE:"The circumstances around Sohrab's death cannot be verified. Some say he was tortured while sources close to his family say that he was shot dead during protests."
They and their supporters did the same around the world. To view them click here
Then, there is NEDA
Farmarz Aslani dedicated the song below to all the innocent lives lost in the recent movement in Iran and to all those who have been arrested and tortured.
"For She Who Fell Beneath The Sky, I Can Keep Silent or I Can Cry.
But Can I Let Her Story Die, Can I Forget The Question, Why?"
A former Iranian legislator provides an excellent analysis of the recent stolen elections in the recent issue of Le Monde Diplomatique.
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left