Institution: Texas Woman's University
The Department of History and Political Science at Texas Woman’s University invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of History position beginning fall 2020. The successful applicant will be broadly trained in American History with a primary field in the 19th century. Subfields are open, although preference will be given to Borderlands, American West, or Cultural History. A preferred candidate will support our growing emphasis in Public History. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. in History or American Studies and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in und ...
Posted Sep 16th 2019
Institution: Organization of American Historians
The Organization of American Historians (located at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana), the largest professional association devoted to the teaching, research, and presentation of United States history, seeks a new Executive Director. The director oversees the administrative offices of the Organization and will work as an advocate for American history more broadly. The OAH claims over 7,000 members, a staff of fifteen, and an annual budget of more than two million dollars. The Annual Meeting of the Organization is the largest and most diverse gathering of his ...
Posted Aug 20th 2019
- Hurricane Dorian Unearths Civil War Cannonballs at South Carolina Beach
- Ms. Monopoly is here. Psst: A woman invented the game in the first place
- 9/11 Is History Now. Here's How American Kids Are Learning About It in Class
- Why Don't We Consider Cannabis Part of the American Herbal Renaissance
- A woman who ran for president in 1872 was compared to Satan and locked up. It wasn’t for her emails.
- Historians push to create public archive of documents from massive opioid litigation
- Fake Citations Kill Historian's Career
- Jim McGrath on Podcasts and Public History
- Uncovering the History of Child Psychiatry: A Conversation with Deborah Blythe Doroshow
- Gerald Ford, Impeachment, and The Difference Between Politics and Law Enforcement