History of U.S. Interventions
- Stephen Kinzer: The 14 Governments the US has Overthrown .
- Interview with Stephen Kinzer: 1953+1979=2001 (Well, There's a Link) .
- Francis D. Wormuth and Edwin B. Firmage, To Chain the Dog of War.
- Richard F. Grimmett, "Instances of Use of United States Armed Forces
Abroad, 1798-1999" (Congressional Research Service Report, May 17, 1999).
- Richard F. Grimmett, "War Powers Resolution: Presidential Compliance"
(Issue Brief for Congress published by Congressional Research Service, September
- Max Boot, "Who Says We Never Strike First?" (New York Times, October 4, 2002).
- Max Boot, "Everything You Think You Know About the American Way of Fighting War Is Wrong" (HNN, October 7, 2002).
- Richard N. Haass, Intervention: The Use of American Military Force in
the Post-Cold war World (Rev.;. Brookings Institution Press, 1999).
- Karen von Hippel, Democracy by Force: U.S. Military Intervention in the
Post-Cold War World (Cambridge University Press, 2000).
- Alexander DeConde, Presidential
Machismo: Executive Authority, Military Intervention, and Foreign Relations
(Northeastern University Press, 2000).
- John Hillen, "American Military Intervention: A User's Guide,"
Backgrounder, No. 1079 (Heritage Foundation, May 2, 1996).
- Council on Foreign Relations, Humanitarian Intervention: Creating a Workable
Doctrine (Brookings Institution Press, 2000).