Connecticut Senate strips Wright brothers of first flightBreaking News
tags: Fox News, Wright Brothers, first flight, Connecticut, state senates, Gustave Whitehead
Are they righting a wrong or wronging the Wrights?
The Connecticut Senate passed a bill just after midnight on Wednesday that would delete the Wright brothers from history, explicitly stripping recognition for the first powered flight from Orville and Wilbur and assigning it to someone else.
“The Governor shall proclaim a date certain in each year as Powered Flight Day to honor the first powered flight by [the Wright brothers] Gustave Whitehead and to commemorate the Connecticut aviation and aerospace industry,” reads House Bill No. 6671, which now sits on the Governor’s desk awaiting passage into law....
comments powered by Disqus
- A quest to reconstruct Baltimore’s American Indian ‘reservation’
- The Jewish Trumpeter Who Entertained Nazis to Survive the Holocaust
- Why Pete Buttigieg may be reviving progressive ideals of the Social Gospel Movement
- Medal of Honor review sought for minority World War I heroes
- Russia isn’t the first country to protest Western control over global telecommunications