Adame Ba Konare: Wife of head of African Union challenges Sarkozy for saying Africa has no historyHistorians in the News
The French leader enraged many Africans when he laid out his Africa policy in July at one of French-speaking Africa's most prestigious educational institutions in a speech many denounced as patronising and out-dated.
"The tragedy of Africa is that the African man has not fully entered into history ... They have never really launched themselves into the future," Sarkozy said in the speech at Cheick Anta Diop University in Senegal's capital Dakar.
The speech provoked a tirade of angry correspondence in newspapers in Senegal and elsewhere in France's former African colonies.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Supreme Court’s Disturbing Order to Effectively Disenfranchise Thousands of Wisconsin Voters
- Another Virus on the Loose: Coronavirus and White Supremacy Make a Terribly Toxic Combination
- Time For The Dems To Earn The Hatred Of The Wealthy And Connected
- A Lesson on Voting Rights—And Suppression—During a Pandemic that Students Won’t Learn in Textbooks
- A Must For Millions, Zoom Has A Dark Side — And An FBI Warning