SOURCE: Perspectives on History
by Victoria Saker Woeste
The awarding of $25 million in damages from the organizers of the Unite the Right rally to nine people injured in the violence are not enough of a penalty to stop the political mobilization of antisemitism in the new white nationalist coalition.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Michelle Kelley
“History provides lessons on how to pit popular culture against Internet hate speech and racist propaganda.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
In her new book Donna Zuckerberg explains how the Alt-Right have adopted the classics and why.
by Audrea Lim
How the 'Model minority" myth blends with racist ideology.
SOURCE: New Republic
by Josephine Livingstone
The alt right is appropriating medieval studies and classical scholarship. What can academics do to stop them?
by Jeffrey Herf
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
It was Gottfried who coined the term Alt-Right. (He also came up with Paleoconservative.)
SOURCE: The Conversation
by George Michael
How did the movement gain traction in recent years? And now that Trump has won, could the alt-right change the American political landscape?
- Documentary on the Last Slave Ship to Arrive in the United States Takes on Questions of Memorializing Racist Violence
- The Underground Network of Ministers and Rabbis Aiding Abortion Access Before Roe
- At its 50th Reunion, La Raza Unida Asks How to Pass the Torch
- US Neglect of Puerto Rico is in the News, but the Main Historical Relationship has been Abuse
- Will SCOTUS Revisit the Second Class Citizenship of American Samoans?
- Sergey Radchenko on Putin's Mobilization Speech
- A Finnish Historian's Ambitious Rethinking of Native American History Draws Praise and Criticism
- National Archives Exhibition Challenges the Meritocratic, Democratic Myths of American Sports
- The Defeat of Identity Politics
- How Ideology Shapes America's View on the World