SOURCE: Washington Post
‘A Fearsome Decision’: Abigail Adams Had Her Children Inoculated Against Smallpox
Abigail Adams had justifiable fears of the primitive smallpox inoculation available in 1776, but larger fears of the disease.
Hillary Was More Abigail Adams than Eleanor Roosevelt. That May Have Cost Her the Election.
by Wallace Hettle
Like Abigail, who speculated in war bonds, she grew rich.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History