SOURCE: The Atlantic
Grading President Trump
by Julian E. Zelizer
While he gets high marks for using his executive power to enact policy changes, by most measures, he is not doing well.
Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
According to a Marist poll released on Thursday, 42 percent believe Trump’s legacy will be as one of the country’s worst leaders.
John Tyler’s Been Demoted in C-SPAN’s Latest Presidential Poll. Why This Is Unjust.
by Walter R. Borneman
He came in as #39. Here’s why he deserves better.
What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
What criteria should we use when ranking presidents?
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
Dwight Eisenhower moved into the top five for the first time, moving up from No. 8 in 2009 and No. 9 in 2000.
Polls and surveys: What experts are saying.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History