What gets lost when it’s only the rebel girls who get lionized?
A new initiative titled She Built NYC is asking New Yorkers to recommend potential subjects for the monument.
SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle
So why aren’t any airports named for them?
The New York Democrat, whose district includes Trump Tower, is on a mission to sell her idea to the women in the White House.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Elizabeth Weingarten
For decades, the push to acknowledge women’s contributions gained traction, but progress may have flatlined.
SOURCE: Dissent Magazine
Wonder Woman, created in the 1940s, proves that feminism didn’t come in waves.
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public