What gets lost when it’s only the rebel girls who get lionized?
A new initiative titled She Built NYC is asking New Yorkers to recommend potential subjects for the monument.
SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle
So why aren’t any airports named for them?
The New York Democrat, whose district includes Trump Tower, is on a mission to sell her idea to the women in the White House.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Elizabeth Weingarten
For decades, the push to acknowledge women’s contributions gained traction, but progress may have flatlined.
SOURCE: Dissent Magazine
Wonder Woman, created in the 1940s, proves that feminism didn’t come in waves.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers