What gets lost when it’s only the rebel girls who get lionized?
A new initiative titled She Built NYC is asking New Yorkers to recommend potential subjects for the monument.
SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle
So why aren’t any airports named for them?
The New York Democrat, whose district includes Trump Tower, is on a mission to sell her idea to the women in the White House.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Elizabeth Weingarten
For decades, the push to acknowledge women’s contributions gained traction, but progress may have flatlined.
SOURCE: Dissent Magazine
Wonder Woman, created in the 1940s, proves that feminism didn’t come in waves.
- Brexit will ultimately destabilise Europe, historians fear
- The Justinianic Plague's Devastating Impact Was Likely Exaggerated
- 'Human, vulnerable and perfect': New Rosa Parks exhibit shines light on civil rights legend
- How Charlottesville’s Echoes Forced New Zealand to Confront Its History
- Mary Thompson Featured in Article on George Washington's Dog Breeding
- China Releases History Professor, But Travel Concerns Persist
- Gordon Wood Interviewed on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Books by Garret Martin, Balazs Martonffy, Ronald Suny, and Kelly McFarland Featured in Article on NATO at 50
- The secret history of women in America, told through their belongings
- Irish Archive Recreates Documents Lost in in 1922 fire