What gets lost when it’s only the rebel girls who get lionized?
A new initiative titled She Built NYC is asking New Yorkers to recommend potential subjects for the monument.
SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle
So why aren’t any airports named for them?
The New York Democrat, whose district includes Trump Tower, is on a mission to sell her idea to the women in the White House.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Elizabeth Weingarten
For decades, the push to acknowledge women’s contributions gained traction, but progress may have flatlined.
SOURCE: Dissent Magazine
Wonder Woman, created in the 1940s, proves that feminism didn’t come in waves.
- Why Haven't the Afghanistan Papers Gotten More Attention?
- Native people did not use fire to shape New England’s landscape
- Meet the Forgotten Chemist and His “Poison Squad,” Whose Fight Against Deadly Chemicals in Food Led to the Establishment of the FDA
- Was Martin Luther King Jr. a Republican or a Democrat? The Answer Is Complicated
- How One Man's Story Offers a New Way to Understand Slave Insurrection
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace
- Historian Jonathan Holloway will be named as Rutgers first black president
- The Twitterstorians Trying to De-Trumpify American History
- African Americans and Africa: A New Book about Black America’s Relationship with the Continent
- AHA Sends Letter to NARA Archivist about Altered Women's March Photo