by HNN Staff
Tweets and retweets from historians on both the left and the right.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Long a haven for racists – it was the last town in America to desegregate schools following the Supreme Court’s ruling on Brown v. Board of Education – Charlottesville turned liberal and this spring voted to remove a Confederate monument to Robert E. Lee.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
The use of medieval references by the alt-right, along with the traditional insularity of the field, prompts some scholars to argue for more diversity among scholars and scholarship.
by Christopher Caldwell
The German historian who took his own life last year has become a hero of the extreme right. But does he deserve their praise?
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel