SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
Claudrena Harold discusses the difficult conversations she’s had with students and colleagues at the University of Virginia. “These events tested their faith,” she says.
SOURCE: The Chicago Sun-Times
Arthur Jones — an outspoken Holocaust denier, activist anti-Semite and white supremacist — is poised to become the Republican nominee for an Illinois congressional seat representing parts of Chicago and nearby suburbs.
It is 2018, and we’re talking about Nazis.
The history of America has been written by normal white racists living in normal towns.
Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
“When I hear Spencer saying, ‘For us, it is to conquer or it is to die,’ I hear echoes of [Hitler].”
The University of Florida historian is upset that the administration is allowing Richard Spencer to speak on October 19.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
by Arica L. Coleman
Blaming 'Bad Dudes' Masks the Role of Women in the History of White Nationalism
SOURCE: US News and World Report
By putting forward a joint resolution, which is sent to the president for signature, rather than a non-binding resolution, the senators are maneuvering to require Trump to choose between an explicit, one-sided condemnation of the white supremacist groups and risking a new round of recriminations if he vetoes it.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Ta-Nehisi Coates
The foundation of Donald Trump’s presidency is the negation of Barack Obama’s legacy.
- How the Black Power Movement Influenced the Civil Rights Movement
- Nine books to read for Black History Month
- A Bittersweet Homecoming for Egypt’s Jews
- Institutional racism and minimal recognition: Inside Du Bois’ complicated history at Penn
- President Trump's Take on Parasite Echoes an Old Debate Over the Role of Non-American Films at the Oscars
- Gordon Wood Reviews Mary Beth Norton's ‘1774’ for the Wall Street Journal
- Black Perspectives Reviews Black Banking and Women Financial Power Brokers
- A lost history, recovered: Faded records tell the story of school segregation in Virginia
- H.R. McMaster book `Battlegrounds’ coming out in April
- Trump loves ‘Gone With the Wind.’ Historians, not so much.