SOURCE: The Atlantic
by John Temple
"Maybe one day some editors will have a picture of a dead child even more powerful than the one we published that will finally make a difference."
Secret NRA Tapes in Wake of Columbine Show Decision to Attack Critics for "Politicizing" Mass Shootings
The NRA faced a crossroads after the Columbine shootings in 1999. They chose a scorched-earth posture that has guided their response to every mass shooting incident since, documented in recordings of high-level strategy meetings.
SOURCE: Colorado Public Radio
After Columbine, President Clinton Set A New Standard As 'Consoler In Chief' — And He’s Still Thinking About The Survivors
“There are certain things, if you're president, you need to say,” Clinton said. “There are certain other things you need to not say.”
In the 18 years since Columbine rocked America to its core, the country has seen so many more mass shootings that the attack isn't even among the 10 deadliest mass shootings in modern US history.
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate