SOURCE: The Telegraph
Le Monde insisted that it had not intended to portray Mr Macron as being akin to Hitler.
by Walter Russell Mead
Western political systems are under strain despite good economic times.
SOURCE: Fareed’s Global Briefing
by Fareed Zacharia
Monsieur Macron is wrong.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
He says the U.S. had to rescue them.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
France will formally acknowledge the French military’s systemic use of torture in the Algerian War in the 1950s and 1960s, an unprecedented step forward in grappling with its long-suppressed legacy of colonial crimes.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Elizabeth Benjamin
Instead of celebrating the occasion, the French president appears to be inadvertently recreating it.
SOURCE: Foreign Policy
by Robert Zaretsky
Leftists want to celebrate revolutionary idealism; conservatives, the triumph of traditional authority. And Emmanuel Macron is trying to split the difference.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- Richard and the Revolutionaries: Why did Lefties Love Wagner?
- Trump Alleges ‘Left-Wing Indoctrination’ in Schools, Says He will Create National Commission to Push More ‘Pro-American’ History
- Black Leaders Launch ‘1776 Unites’ High School Curriculum
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97