Demand for “counter-textbooks” has been fueled by factors including student desire for more diverse stories and requirements like the California law that now mandates LGBT-inclusive social-studies curriculums.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The author of "Lies My Teacher Told Me" discusses how schools’ flawed approach to teaching the country’s past affects its civic health.
by Sean Illing
“The idea that we’re always getting better keeps us from seeing those times when we’re getting worse.”
- Harry Reid on the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a Time for Major Change
- Webinar: Make the Most of Your Postdoc (10/8/2020)
- James E. Hinton’s Unseen Films Reframe the Black Power Movement
- Rimbaud and Verlaine: France Agonises over Digging up Gay Poets
- Would Biden or Trump End America's Forever Wars?