SOURCE: Huffington Post
His latest book, “Winter War: Hoover, Roosevelt And The First Clash Over The New Deal” ― is an engaging, character-driven tour through the philosophical debates and political knife-fighting at the nadir of the Great Depression.
Hamburgers Have Been Conscripted Into the Fight Over the Green New Deal. The History of American Beef Shows Why
by Joshua Specht
Hamburgers are the newest front in the culture wars.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Louis Hyman
If we are going to fund a Green New Deal, we need to acknowledge how the original actually worked.
by Ed Simon
The idea of the “commons” as a space of collective ownership, responsibility, engagement, and possibility must be a metaphor that the left draws from rhetorically.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The Green New Deal’s mastermind is a precocious New Yorker with big ambitions. Sound familiar?
by James Brewer Stewart
The Green New Dealers, the Abolitionists and the “Right Side of History”
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Charles Lane
Politically powerful as the invocation of America’s great collective deeds under Franklin D. Roosevelt might be, however, it is historically misleading — deeply so.
by Michael Brenes
If progressives want to pass environmental legislation, they should pay attention to what happened 50 years ago.
- Why more places are abandoning Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Rudy Giuliani comparing impeachment to the Salem witch trials is a little right and a lot wrong, expert says
- U.N. Report Bolsters Theory That Hammarskjold Plane Was Downed
- Panama celebrates its black Christ, part of protest against colonialism and slavery
- Fundamentalism turns 100, a landmark for the Christian Right
- Labor Historian Staughton Lynd's Book Is Embraced by Google Workers and Uber Drivers
- Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy Dept
- Ginsburg predicts historians will call this political era an 'aberration'
- American Historical Association Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- A New History Celebrates Brooklyn’s Heights, and Depths Image