SOURCE: Washigton Post
The law at issue in the strife over Trump’s taxes arose from a bitter dispute between Mellon and Sen. James Couzens (R-Mich.), a deep-pocketed adversary on Capitol Hill, over the lawmaker’s investigation of the IRS.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Matt O'Brien
The 2008 crisis is still with us to this very day even though it officially ended almost a decade ago.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Michael Tomasky
Inflation was as pivotal a factor in our national crackup as Vietnam and Watergate.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible