“I went - ‘BING!’ - it was done,” Trump said on Saturday, describing the swiftness of his decision. “We make fast decisions. And we make good decisions.”
by Moriel Ram
Donald Trump’s decision to recognise Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights might have serious repercussions for the future but to understand exactly why, and how, it’s necessary to first understand the past.
SOURCE: NY Times
The Six-Day War of June 1967 ended in decisive victories for Israel, which seized the Golan Heights from Syria.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Dina Badie
Given the dimensions of America’s global influence, U.S. recognition could lend some legitimacy to Israel’s controversial annexation policy
- Harry Reid on the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a Time for Major Change
- Webinar: Make the Most of Your Postdoc (10/8/2020)
- James E. Hinton’s Unseen Films Reframe the Black Power Movement
- Rimbaud and Verlaine: France Agonises over Digging up Gay Poets
- Would Biden or Trump End America's Forever Wars?