SOURCE: The American Prospect
by Tad Daley & Jane Shevtsov
Why did the first humans to set foot off Planet Earth plant the flag of only part of Planet Earth?
SOURCE: NY Times
For a brief moment, the civil rights movement and the space race came together.
by Fraser MacDonald
As we commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landings, the Nazi provenance of some technology and personnel is too often kept at bay.
An interview with Roger Launius.
SOURCE: Washington Post
NASA canceled the first all-female spacewalk on March 26 because it only had one "readily usable" spacesuit that would fit Anne McClain and Christina Koch.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible