SOURCE: Mother Jones
How Stokely Carmichael Inspired the Most Boring Channel on TV
Brian Lamb saw the Black Power advocate speak in a church in the 1960s, and then saw the news media distort his speech. This experience led to CSPAN, the anti-sound bite contribution to public discourse.
SOURCE: USA Today
How Historians Rate Presidents
Historians have for decades weighed presidents' virtues and accomplishments in a bid to determine the best and worst of the bunch.
The Value of Rating Presidents
by Susan Swain
Presidential rankings are quick, fun, and highly shareable on social media. They foster lively debate about contemporary presidents and even help resurface some of our most obscure presidents.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida