Includes comments by James P. Ronda, Henry W. Brands, Beth Lew-Williams, and Richard White.
SOURCE: NY Times
At the 150th anniversary of the golden spike ceremony on Friday, and at associated events held last week in Utah, thousands gathered to recognize a more complete picture of the monumental feat.
SOURCE: NBC News
Descendants of Chinese railroad workers share their hope for the recognition of their ancestors' labor
The Chinese railroad workers who helped connect the country.
- Chicago-Area Leaders Call for Illinois to Halt History Classes Until Curriculum is Updated
- John Hume, Nobel Laureate for Work in Northern Ireland, Dies at 83
- Statue of White Woman Holding Hatchet and Scalps Sparks Backlash in New England
- 'We Always Knew What It Stood For': Small Texas Town Torn Over Its Confederate Statue
- UNC Tenured Faculty Tell Students to Stay Home Amid COVID Concerns: 'It Is Not Safe for You to Come to Campus'