SOURCE: Mississippi Free Press
Shannon Bowden of Mississippi Valley State University is leading a public history project for the nearby Delta town of Itta Bena, preserving the sites and stories of voting rights activism.
SOURCE: NBC News
Florida School District, Citing "Critical Race Theory" Concerns, Cancels Prof's Civil Rights History Lecture
“The victims of this censorship are history and the truth,” J. Michael Butler said. “The end game is they’re going to make teaching civil rights into ‘critical race theory,’ and it’s not.”
SOURCE: Washington Times (AP)
Research for the project was led by a Mississippi Valley State University student and history professor C. Sade Turnipseed.
by Naom Cohen
The Facebook CEO invoked the civil-rights era to justify kowtowing to money and power. It doesn’t wash.
SOURCE: NY Times
Two cultural projects that examine the Alabama city’s role in the civil rights movement are drawing throngs of visitors and encouraging a surge of downtown construction.
- What Happens When SCOTUS is This Unpopular?
- Eve Babitz's Archive Reveals the Person Behind the Persona
- Making a Uranium Ghost Town
- Choosing History—A Rejoinder to William Baude on The Use of History at SCOTUS
- Alexandria, VA Freedom House Museum Reopens, Making Key Site of Slave Trade a Center for Black History
- Primary Source: Winning World War 1 By Fighting Waste at the Grocery Counter
- The Presidential Records Act Explains How the FBI Knew What to Search For at Mar-a-Lago
- Theocracy Now! The Forgotten Influence of L. Brent Bozell on the Right
- Janice Longone, Chronicler of American Food Traditions
- Revisiting Lady Rochford and Her Alleged Betrayal of Anne Boleyn