by Daniel R. Mandell
As the Civil War became a campaign to end slavery, some leading Republicans envisioned using confiscation to reshape the aristocratic South into a more equal society in terms of property ownership and power.
by Lawrence Wittner
Over the past 40 years, the average cost of attending a four-year college increased by over 150 percent for both public and private institutions.
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest
- Why We Keep Reinventing Abraham Lincoln
- Four Principles to Guide Us on Whose Statues Should Topple and Whose Should Remain
- History Professor Describes His Experience With COVID-19, Teaching In Historic Times
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.