by Frank P. Barajas
The new name of the Academy of Arts and Sciences, whatever it will be, should have a recognizable footnote so people can learn not only about the totality of Oxnard’s history but also its relationship with larger national currents.
SOURCE: The Politic
by Jim Sleeper
“The real work for a place at Yale is not about the name on the building. It’s about a deep and substantive commitment to being honest about power, structural systems of privilege and their perpetuation.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Bowling Green State Removed Lillian Gish's Name from Their Theatre Over Her Role in Birth of a Nation. Why Do Some Want the Name Restored?
A who's who of film -- James Earl Jones, Helen Mirren, Martin Scorsese, among others -- want the name restored.
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat