SOURCE: NY Times
Scandalize! Minimize! Repeat as Necessary
by Nicole Hemmer
Right-wing media have been laying the groundwork for Trump’s acquittal for half a century.
Democrats Must Offer Americans "Bread and Roses" to Counter National Conservatism
by Ed Simon
Any party, politician, or perspective which offers meaning, which gives us roses, will have an advantage as we face the inevitable economic and social collapse of the neo-liberal paradigm.
SOURCE: Washington Post
When the American right loved Mexico
by Mario Del Pero and Vanni Pettinà
Back when conservatives exalted free markets, our neighbor to the south was a vital ally.
SOURCE: NY Times
The Surprising History of Nationalist Internationalism
by David Motadel
Internationalism, a concept that, after all, implicitly presumes the existence of the nation, and extreme nationalism are not necessarily incompatible. The far right is less parochial than we think — and that’s dangerous.
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- US House "Parental Rights" Bill Threatens to Take Book Banning Nationwide
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History