The End of Humanitarian Intervention? A Debate at the Oxford Union With Historian David Gibbs and Michael Chertoff
by David N. Gibbs
Michael Chertoff -- former Secretary of Homeland Security during the presidency of George W. Bush and coauthor of the USA Patriot Act – defended humanitarian intervention; Gibbs argued against the practice.
- How Minneapolis made Prince
- This Art Was Looted 123 Years Ago. Will It Ever Be Returned?
- 75 Years After Auschwitz Liberation, Worry That ‘Never Again’ Is Not Assured
- Marker will honor civil rights activist Fannie Lou Hamer
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- The Future of the Academy at the Association of American Colleges and Universities
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists