SOURCE: Washington Post
How the failure of popular politics triggered the rise of Boris Johnson
by Jesse Tumblin
Instead of solving intractable problems, public referendums simply exacerbate them.
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings