SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Louisiana Tech University briefly removed an instructor of history from teaching over class discussions on race and other topics before reinstating him this month.
History & Law: GW History Professor Jennifer Wells Discusses How Her Study of Law Has Informed her Career in History
by Mark Detlor
"I’m more much analytical as a result of law and try to immediately make an assertion and back it up with evidence when I write; I think it’s a very effective way of writing but I’m not sure that I would have mastered it had I not gone to law school."
SOURCE: Society for Intellectual History Blog
by L.D. Burnett
After going over the syllabus, professor L.D. Burnett wants her students to access the core of historical study.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel