SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Louisiana Tech University briefly removed an instructor of history from teaching over class discussions on race and other topics before reinstating him this month.
History & Law: GW History Professor Jennifer Wells Discusses How Her Study of Law Has Informed her Career in History
by Mark Detlor
"I’m more much analytical as a result of law and try to immediately make an assertion and back it up with evidence when I write; I think it’s a very effective way of writing but I’m not sure that I would have mastered it had I not gone to law school."
SOURCE: Society for Intellectual History Blog
by L.D. Burnett
After going over the syllabus, professor L.D. Burnett wants her students to access the core of historical study.
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity